Saturday, March 3, 2018

Symphonic Suite Dragon Quest I


The original Dragon Quest (then known as Dragon Warrior in North America for copyright reasons) was my very first RPG, although at the time I didn't think much of the music, composed by Koichi Sugiyama. I wouldn't rediscover the series until my late teens, and it was then that I began to become a fan of the music. There are eight main tracks in this soundtrack, the series overture, the castle theme, the town theme, the overworld theme, the main battle theme, the dungeon theme, the final boss theme, and the ending credits theme, which are all beautifully orchestrated and expanded from the original NES chiptune versions of the tracks (although the music does receive expansion in later remakes of the game), accounting for a highly recommended listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment