Sunday, November 28, 2021

Gaming Update, 11/28/2021

Currently Playing

Pokémon Shining Pearl - Another loaner from my younger brother. The original version ended my Pokémon virginity, and the remake is definitely much-improved, given that all Pokémon in your party gain experience from leveling when you kill an opponent Pokémon, and I'm at Oreburgh City, ready to face the gym.

Slime Forest Adventure - A bit of an odd duck. Another Japanese-learning RPG with 8-bit overworld and dungeon visuals, although the battle graphics are a bit of a step up, and you have to type in the meanings, readings, and whatnot of whatever Japanese characters your mostly-slime opponents speak. Don't particularly care much for the total absence of music, and there is a bit of a learning curve (luckily, in-game tutorials are available), but I'll press on. I just rescued the princess and have gotten to a desert island where I've been grinding and learning on the overworld, since part of the game's challenge is that enemies in dungeons don't show you correct answers.

In My Backlog

Baldur's Gate & Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Editions - On hold again due to my younger brother having lent me Shining Pearl.

Ultima II: The Revenge of the Enchantress - Low priority right now, and when I do finally pick it up I'll try to seek patches on the internet and apply them so I don't encounter the same issues again with reloading my past save.

Ultima III: Exodus - Will, of course, only play after I beat the second game.

No comments:

Post a Comment