Thursday, February 14, 2019

Hi Score Girl

High Score Girl

An anime about a hardcore gamer named Haruo Yaguchi in the late eighties and early nineties as he sort of gets involved in a love triangle with two girls who are great gamers in their own right. Since I've been a lifelong gamer, I definitely enjoyed this series, although there are occasional localization incongruities, such as calling consoles by their American names when they're labeled by their Japanese monikers (i.e. TurboGrafx-16 instead of PC-Engine), but I would definitely recommend this show especially those who grew up as gamers.

1 comment:

  1. I love this as someone who lived through that era in arcade and gaming history. As autistic, I relate to Haruo and Ono. They have a lot of traits I think we can understand, esp. with Haruo. The narrow interests, his inability to read what others are thinking and feeling... I get it.

    ReplyDelete