Saturday, June 9, 2018

The Shannara Chronicles

The title written in a distinctive font against a cloudy blue sky with highlights of pink

I forgot to post my thoughts on this after finishing re-watching it on Netflix (on account of my tendency to half-watch TV shows while sitting at my computer), but I paid more attention to it my second watch of the two seasons, and the adaptations begin with The Elfstones of Shannara, the second book in the original Shannara trilogy, likely due to the first book's derivation from the Lord of the Rings series. The first season seems to cover the book decently, with some nods to the backstory of the Great Wars that become far more apparent in the show, with the second season having elements and characters such as Garet Jax from The Wishsong of Shannara. All in all, an enjoyable watch, and if author Terry Brooks is happy with it as he's said, then I am as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment